We all feel safe, don’t we?
Our Small and Medium Sized Business (SMB) has fool proof IT security from our current IT company, right?
Our employees are sensible and intelligent, they would never place our business in harm’s way?
The above statements are 100% true.
But your SMB is still at risk.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) highlights 11 practical steps to bolstering your data security:
- Back up your data
- Use strong passwords
- Take care working remotely
- Be wary of suspicious emails
- Install anti-virus and malware protection
- Don’t leave paperwork or laptops unattended
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is secure
- Lock your screen when away from your Desk
- Know who has access to your SMB’s data
- Don’t keep data for longer than needed
- Dispose IT equipment and records securely
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) also recommends the 5 following steps to elevate SMB Cyber Security:
- Back up your data
- Protect your organisation from Malware
- Keep your smartphones and tablets safe
- Use passwords to protect your data
- Avoid phishing attacks
You may be asking yourself:
Does everyone in my SMB follow the guidelines in my company’s IT Security Policy? Are you beginning to lose a little bit more sleep as an SMB owner, there is no reason why you should.
Here are a few suggestions for you:
Why not download and review our free ebook, The practical handbook to building a faultless IT security policy.
Or spend 30 minutes viewing the webinar below and conduct your own security audit while you watch: IT security: How professional services businesses can prevent data leaks which outlines:
- The top five gotchas from the security audits we’ve run
- What a security audit looks like, and how penetration testing helps
- What MFA is and how to implement it throughout your organisation
- How to train staff to protect against phishing and spear-phishing
- How to protect your email and web browsers
Data breaches and IT security incidents are expensive, damaging, and embarrassing. Most issues happen because of avoidable weaknesses and oversights.
Hopefully you found the content we provide relevant & interesting. Chalkline offer a range of strategies and solutions to help ensure your Cybersecurity is fit for 2022.
Please feel free to give us a call on 0203 819 3300 or arrange a 30 minute call on Microsoft Teams to discuss any requirements you may have.
Your SMB’s reputation may depend on it.