Yes, really, the good news is true – you can modernise your business processes in a cost-effective manner.
Fortunately, there are also many ways to go about it.
To help shine a light on what’s possible, we’ve picked out a few powerful (and highly practical) ways to modernise your business processes without breaking the bank.
1. Go paperless
Are you still sending out paper forms for clients and staff to sign?
Well, there’s a better way to go.
Using paperless forms and digital-based processes can offer a myriad of benefits, including:
- No more manual data entry. With paperless forms, data is automatically routed to the relevant people, and your staff no longer have to waste time on physical data entry, such as filling in a timesheet.
- No more waiting for contracts in the post. With digital esignatures, your business can send, receive and approve contracts instantaneously.
- No more compliance issues. When forms are sent digitally and backed up in the cloud, files are secure and always at hand. This makes complying with regulations easier to manage.
- No more cutting down trees. As you can imagine, you’ll also reduce the carbon footprint for your business, which itself is a key goal for many businesses, and for staff too.
If you haven’t already, it might be time to modernise your forms and go paperless with esignatures.
2. App-ify your business processes
Using tools like Microsoft’s Power Apps, you can empower your team to build apps that automate and improve business processes.
With prebuilt templates and drag and drop features, it’s intuitive for staff to build apps that can replace manual (and boring) tasks. Naturally, this frees up your teams to work on higher value tasks that move the needle for your business, whether that’s an innovative project or a new product development.
As well as democratising app-development, PowerApps will also level-up your app development in general. In fact, organisations report an impressive 74 percent reduction in app-development costs.
3. Embrace cloud applications
Yes, we’re unashamed proponents of the cloud and its many benefits.
But it’s worth highlighting the impact cloud applications can have over their desktop counterparts when it comes to business processes. That’s because cloud applications give businesses the chance to re-imagine complex processes and how they handle them.
Take Power Automate, for example. Using this tool, your business can streamline tedious processes and create automated notifications with a simplistic online workflow. It doesn't cost a fortune, and it can integrate with your existing Microsoft 365 suite. It's a win-win.
Reinvigorate your business processes (and keep money in your pocket)
Businesses that use technology to modernise their processes are sure to gain a competitive advantage. Indeed, Deloitte found that 45 percent of companies reporting a positive business impact of technology-led transformation also reported higher net revenue growth.
From esignatures to cloud applications and all they have to offer, modernising your business doesn’t have to be difficult or costly. If you look in the right places, you'll find brilliant tools and technologies that can offer high value for a low cost.
If you’d like a chat with one of our expert team to learn more about how you can make changes like these in your business, reach out today.