In 2019, 48 percent of asset managers planned to leverage digital technology... But are they progressing fast enough?
The evidence suggests not.
Take robotic process automation, for example. Many firms' lack of standardised processes prevents as much as 60 percent of potential automation from being realised.
This is a wasted opportunity.
So, to help you realise the power of process automation, we've listed five use cases that demonstrate how a well-executed strategy can streamline your firm's processes and boost productivity.
Use cases for process automation
Sixty percent of asset management firms want to substantially accelerate their digitisation agenda.
Process automation is one such effort that enables your firm to improve its services and free-up resources. In addition to this, you can benefit from cost savings, increased capacity, risk reduction, improved client experience and enhanced employee engagement.
Let's take a closer look at some of the use cases you could adopt today:
- Approval requests to comply with regulations and standards. Build automated approval workflows, using a tool such as Power Automate, to seamlessly send and action approval requests. This ensures that your business operations and processes adhere to the strict regulatory standards within the asset management industry and reduce the overall risk in your operating model.
- Customised emails based on certain exception criteria to boost productivity. For example, your firm might create an automated trigger to identify a difference in price within SharePoint for trade processing between the investment manager and a broker. An email message to the broker would then be crafted based on predetermined rules.
- Recurring workflows to save valuable time. Boost your team's productivity by defining a task so that it recreates itself at certain intervals and automatically reassigns to the right people. Power Automate allows users to create a flow that performs one or more tasks (such as sending a report in an email) at scheduled intervals as required.
- Instant button flows to communicate more effectively with your team. We all wish we could execute repetitive tasks with the touch of a button. Well, now you can. With a platform like Power Automate, you can quickly email your team to remind them to join the daily team sync, and many other tasks, at the click of a button via your mobile device.
- Robo-advisors to manage portfolios and improve customer service. These automated investment advisor platforms offer advice at low costs and low account minimums by employing portfolio management algorithms that follow optimised indexed strategies.
Process automation empowers asset management firms to streamline tasks and eradicate overly manual processes. This, in turns, frees up valuable time for more innovative tasks.
Need more convincing?
Let's take a look at a real-world use case.
Here's how we assisted a leading asset management client make some key changes to revamp their technology stack, instill more confidence in the ability to support and grow their business.
Grow business efficiency
We helped an ambitious asset management group implement Microsoft's low-code automation platform, Power Apps, to help recreate their inadequate trading system.
Using the Power Apps platform, we created the operational, secure system workflow they were looking for.
Specifically, the client were able to:
- Consolidate trade ingestion to one process
- Reduce operational risk for all associated processes
- Retire an expensive portfolio management system on time and on budget
- Divide responsibility throughout the workflow
- Establish an effective workflow process and operational requirements
Due to the success of this system, the client now have plans to expand their use of Power Apps to other areas of the business.
Stay ahead of the curve
Process automation has the potential to reinvent your services, streamline your repetitive tasks, and amplify your client satisfaction.
The use cases we've listed above are just some of the simple ways you can bring automation into your business today.
If you'd like to discover the potential of Power Automate, check out our beginner's guide, and if you'd like to chat with the team, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.